Thursday, December 28, 2006

Spending Christmas in Kuala Lumpur

Hi
This Christmas, my husband and I made a trip to KL on 23/12 and were back on 26/12. Unlike Singapore, the weather was fine during the few days we were there - no rain and sunny.

On 23/12, we took a coach from Golden Mile (Grassland) at 9.45 am. As there was delay at Tangkak and slight detour at Seremban, we only reach KL around 5.45 pm. After checking in, we met up with my cousin's family and had dinner at Mum's Place - an Indonesian restaurant. The ambience was nice and so were the food. In fact, we were told that the furniture on display at the restaurant were also for sale. How interesting, right?

On 24/12, we were awaken by my elder cousin, Siang, who came 'knocking' at our hotel room at 8 am. After washing up, my husband and I had buffet breakfast at the hotel. As the shops open only after 10 am, we just stayed in the hotel room and watched TV. Lunch was at Jalan Alor - a local restaurant that offers a variety of fish soups. It certainly was cheap and good.

Thereafter, we proceeded to Petronas Twin Towers or KLCC (KL City Centre). Below are some shots that we have taken.





After visiting KLCC, we were back at Ritz Carlton. My husband and I then went for massage at The SPA Village on the 4th level of the hotel. Thereafter, dinner was at the poolside which is also on the 4th level. It turned out we were the only diners there - special arrangement by the hotel. Cool and romantic, right? It sure has been a long time since 2 of us had candle-light dinner, without the kids.



Christmas Day, we simply went shopping, from Times Square to Sungei Wang Plaza, all along Jalan Bukit Bintang. Dinner was with my cousin's family again. Nothing fancy but local delicacies that taste just as good. My nephew and niece threw in a SURPRISE when I went to their home - a belated birthday cake for me. My birthday was on Christmas' eve.

On 26/12 morning at 10 am, we made our journey back to Singapore. It was a smooth ride and we reached home slightly after 5 pm.

It was a free and easy trip and we did relax and have a good time.
Would like to thank my cousin Emily, Tim (her husband), her 2 kids (Benjamin and Wei Yinn) and of course Siang who have made the trip more memorable.

Parents, if you want a short break, do consider KL. There is good food and bargains if you take the time to look around.



No comments: