Monday, April 23, 2007

Delights and Woes of the Week 0716



It has been another busy and eventful week. First, the delights:
  • Completed the 3 Artistry Beauty Workshops conducted by Amway spread over 3 Mondays (2/4, 9/4 and 16/4). Learned quite a number of tips on how to do a proper facial, scrub, massage and mask.
  • Was back to Methodist Primary school for the 2nd time and shared with class 4.3 on public sculpture.
  • Bought my husband for his quarterly check-up at Toa Payoh Polyclinic. Glad that that his cholesterol has gone down. So was his weight, about 1 kg lighter.
  • Did the time table for the young gentleman whose parents signed him up for the program at Mindchamps last week. Apparently, he is still spending a lot of time on computer. My colleague and I explained the importance of setting goal and prioritizing his tasks.
  • Bought my husband for his monthly massage at Adelphi. Thereafter, had curry fish head at the basement of Peninsula Centre.
  • The Singapore CPT Alumni Networking this week had 15 CPT attendees. Expect more participation next month as Teoh Poh Yew will be the guest speaker.
  • Attended the annual Sports Day of Cedar Girls' Secondary School. Also participated in the Parent cum staff race. Sure had fun.
  • Got my husband, 2nd sister and a friend to attend the Reiki preview at Le Meridien Hotel. Was glad that my friend had signed up for the workshop to be held in late Jun and early Jul. My sister also indicated interest to enrol. Will sign up for my husband too.
  • Got my first pay-check, after 4 months without income. Intend to see more of this coming. Yesterday, successfully closed 3 cases of enrolments for the learning technique programs.
  • The maid for my mum finally came in today. Quite a pleasant girl aged 23. My mum and I had quite a bit of hard time communicating with her in Malay. Was at Bras Basah tonight and managed to get a Chinese-Malay-English dictionary. Hopefully, this will improve our language barrier.
For the woe, my mother-in-law is still in pain, especially at night. My husband and eldest girl paid her visit yesterday. This Wednesday, I will be accompanying her to see doctor. Just wish I could cheer her up in some way.

No comments: