Thursday, April 05, 2007

Qing Ming



Yes, today is the actual Qing Ming day (the 18th day of the Lunar 3rd month). All Chinese Singaporeans, be it Buddhists, Christians, Taoists and whatever, will make it a point to pray respect to their lost beloved ones. This can be done 10 days before or 10 days after this day. It is a Chinese culture being practised all over the world too.

For my family, it is no exception. Previously, we prayed only my father-in-law and my husband's grandmother. This year, my dad has been included. As expected, be it the temples or crematoriums, they are packed by family members of parents and children, gathered together to give offerings to the dead.

As it is coming to a year, I thought I have gotten over my dad's demise. However, when I saw his photo on the tablet, tears just rolled down again. But it is a good feeling . . . it's just that I still miss him. Now I know why my mum is reluctant to visit my 'dad'. She just gets too emotional missing him.

I must say mum is coping well, of late. Hopefully, with the maid coming in, she will be her own self again. Come next month will be dad's 1st anniversary. But papa, no matter how many anniversaries, we are still going to miss you.
If you do have anything you want to tell me, do come into my dreams . . .

No comments: