Friday, February 09, 2007

Getting Good Results

Today is the release of GCE 'O' level results in Singapore. My youngest girl, Yusin, scored an 'A1' for her Express Chinese. My other 3 elder children had also done well in their 2nd language previously.

Both my husband and I are really proud of them. As parents, we have always avoid stressing our kids. Instead, to strike a balance between study and play, we encourage them to take up a sports or join a uniform group.

At home, I let them study at their own pace. When they are in doubt, they do check with me. For questions that need further probing, either their siblings help out or they will check with their friends.


During exam time, I have never taken leave to 'supervise' them. To me, this way is better as I think they are already stressed up one way or another.

This is indeed a pre-Chinese New Year gift for the 2 of us.



No comments: