Friday, February 02, 2007

Want To Be A Writer

About 2 weeks ago, I got an invitation from The Society of Singapore Writers to attend their First Friday Writer’s Corner. So tonight, I was there at YMCA Orchard to meet other ‘writers’.

16 people turned up, including me – the youngest was in her 20s and the oldest is beyond 60. 3 of them already had their books published; majority have written articles; some are in the process of publishing them and a couple of them are finishing their book.

I shared about my blog on parenting tips with them. Most of the men present were retirees and had all the time in the world to share their experiences. There sure was good interaction and tips given by some of them were definitely useful.

For parents who are interested in writing, you may log on to http://www.sgwriters.org.sg

No comments: