Sunday, March 11, 2007

Delights and Woes of the Week 0710



This has been an exciting week for me. First, the delights:

  • Attended parenting workshop on 6/3 and 7/3. Sure got quite a number of tips from the speaker. One of it is the LOVE language which I found pretty useful and had it in my blog on 7/3 - FAMILY LOVE AFFAIR.
  • Gave talks to Pri 5 and Pri 6 students at Huamin Pri School on 6/3 and 8/3 respectively. The topic was on Perseverance to Success. Was glad to have taught them goal setting and some learning tips.
  • On Wednesday morning (9/3), went to Methodist Girls' Primary and shared with Class 4.2 on the 6 elements of fundamental art. The girls sure were a bunch of inquisitive ones, asking a lot of questions. It also makes me feel young again.
  • Got to participate in the Bras Basah Complex Book Fair roadshow. On the first day (9/3), managed to get one family to attend the complimentary workshop today. And guess what, they sign up their eldest boy (primary 3) for the learning technique programme.
  • Yesterday, held my monthly Reiki session at home in the afternoon. Good to see my Reiki kakis again.
  • Had fun making sculpture balloons and meeting all sorts of people at the book fair. Next to our booth, the stall was playing some Chinese oldies and I found it entertaining.
Now for the woe - sad that I could not keep my mum company during the book fair period. Luckily, the March holidays have started and my other siblings are helping out.


Singapore parents, the Bras Basah book fair is on until 18/3/2007. You have yet any plans, do bring your children down for some fun.

No comments: